If you are a fan of traditional remedies, you must have heard of elderberry. It is a small berry with a purple-bluish color and tart taste.
Elderberry is used to make jams, teas, syrups, and other derivatives. Due to its unlimited health benefits, people love to use it in their daily meal plans. It is kind of a superfood that is packed with antioxidants, and it is low in calories as well.
Drinking elderberry tea primarily benefits in regulating body weight and maintaining blood sugar levels. Plus, it is the best caffeine-free beverage option as well.
Table of Contents
Elderberry Tea Does Not Have Caffeine:
As people are getting more aware of caffeine’s harmful effects, the demand for elderberry tea is increasing because it does not contain caffeine. Instead, it has an amino acid, theanine, which has a calming effect on the senses.
It is a herbal tea derived from the Camellia sinensis plant. If you blend them with green tea or black tea, it will add caffeine to elderberry tea. Hence it prevents disturbances in your sleep patterns.
Additional Benefits Of Elderberry Tea
Elderberry not only provides calming effects to the body or is the perfect caffeine-free beverage, but it also has other benefits. Let’s take a look at them.
Relief from influenza
People suffering from influenza, coughs, sniffles, and colds can benefit from elderberry extract or tea. It also helps the body not get the influenza virus in the future. Black elderberry helps in reducing the severity and duration of flu and cold.
According to the study, if the influenza patient takes 15ml of elderberry supplements four times a day, he will get healed from the disease quickly. It takes 7-8 days to fight the flu, but with elderberry, the time gets reduced to 2-4 days.
Boosts up the immune system
Since it contains several nutrients and antioxidants, it enhances the immune system’s strength. It allows the body to fight any potential virus or disease. Several animal studies have proven its effectiveness in increasing white blood cell count because it contains polyphenols.
Experts suggest that adding elderberry or elderberry tea to your daily diet is beneficial for increasing your quality of life and strengthening your immune system.
It contains quercetin, which has a therapeutic effect against cancer. It also offers several advantages for people battling diabetes and heart-related issues.
It is a low-calorie fruit that will not make you gain weight. Other than that, it is high in several nutrients. Like,
- High Dietary Fiber: it is a rich source of dietary fiber. In one cup of elderberries, there are 10 grams of fiber.
- Antioxidant flavonols: it has antioxidants, flavonols, like quercetin, kaempferol, and isorhamnetin.
- High In Vitamin C: In one cup of elderberries, there is 52 mg of Vitamin C.
- Phenolic Acid: Phenolic acids are beneficial in reducing oxidative stress that may cause harm to the body.
Improves Heart Health
As elderberry is rich in fiber, it strengthens the heart and contains bio- compounds like flavonoids that help heart rate. Elderberry juice can reduce fats in the bloodstream and also controls cholesterol. It contains anthocyanins (a flavonoid) which reduce the risk of heart diseases.
Other Health Benefits Of Elderberries:
Studies and reports show you will get several other health benefits of elderberry if you incorporate it into your diet plan.
Read on to learn more!
- Combats cancer: It shows effective properties for fighting against cancer cells and reducing them dramatically.
- Reduce and fight harmful viruses and bacteria: elderberry combats and prevents the growth of disease-causing bacteria like Helicobacter pylori. It also helps cure health problems like bronchitis and sinusitis.
- Protection against UV radiation: It has magical components that protect you from harmful sun rays or UV radiation that may cause skin cancer.
- Increased urination: it increases the frequency of urination, which helps in the excretion of salts and purification of the body.
How To Make Elderberry Tea?
Elderberry tea is a simple and easy recipe you can make at any time. Elderberry tea promotes hydration and gives you calming feelings.
Also Read: Tips on How to Lose Weight Faster
What Would You Need?
- Water – 1 cup
- Elderberries – 5 to 6
- Turmeric or cinnamon – a pinch (for taste)
What To Do?
- Add water to a pan and include elderberry and cinnamon or turmeric.
- Boil for 10-15 minutes, and let the liquid cool.
- Strain the elderberries and enjoy a warm cup of elderberry tea.
The Bottom Line!
Elderberry has shown impressive findings in the studies, supporting the claim of its admirers. The fruit offers a wide range of health advantages, including high immunity, protection against UV rays, and prevention of diseases.
Elderberry tea is a great alternative to caffeinated drinks. It helps you calm down, unwind, and sleep peacefully. Also, it is a simple recipe that takes a few minutes to prepare. Elderberry tea is a perfect way to pamper yourself after a tiring day!