Android browsers are among the most popular applications on mobile devices. When Android utilizes the web (content://com.android.browser.home/), having the correct highlights can transform the experience. Chrome is usually Google’s default browser on Android devices.
You have probably bought an Android smartphone and found numerous great features. Still, there are a few problems because the manufacturers have branded everything, even securing the browser’s landing page with the manufacturer’s information.
What is content://com.android.browser.home/
Using the Content://com.android.browser.home command is ubiquitous when browsing using an Android browser. By allowing users to change the Android browser default settings through this command line (content://com.android.browser.home/), your user experience will be more robust.
A link such as content://com.android.browser.home shows the default homepage on a browser. A number of different browsers are available, such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, etc. They all have their default homepage, located at content://com.android.browser.home/. The default home page setting varies from one browser to another, however.
How to change the default browser on an Android phone?
Before we proceed, let’s learn how to set our default browsers. You can set the default browser to any of your favorite browsers, such as Google Chrome, Firefox, and Opera. You can use the same method for smartphones and tablets.
- Access the Settings menu on your Android device.
- Now, You will then find all the Apps on your phone under the Installed Apps section of the Manage Apps section.
- After that, You must click the three dots in the upper right corner of the page. From the drop-down menu, select Default Apps and click on Browser.
- Make your preferred browser the default browser.
- Having set the default browser, you are now ready to use it.
All the links will open directly in your favorite browser whenever you search. Make it your preferred homepage now. You can view how to set the default home page on different browsers by scrolling down.
Can I change the default homepage on any browser by using “content://com.android.browser.home”?
You can set the default homepage in different browsers in different ways. Here are instructions on how to fix Google Chrome as your default homepage and Mozilla Firefox as your default homepage in the following guides
How to Set Default Homepage on Google Chrome?
The following steps will show you how to set your default homepage in Google Chrome if that is your default browser.
- The Google Chrome browser should open on your Android phone. Click the three dots near the right corner of the screen to open it.
- The Home page appears under Basics in Settings.
- You can search for flags in Chrome by typing Chrome://flags.
- Activate the “Force Enable Home Page Button” there
- You can choose which page to make your default by clicking on open this page and entering the URL. Click Save.
- Go back to the Chrome settings after relaunching the browser twice.
- You will display the options for the home page.
- A new Google Chrome window will appear. You will see your custom default homepage.
How to Set the Default Home Page in Mozilla Firefox Using “content://com.android.browser.home/”
Step-by-step instructions are provided below on how to set your default home page on Mozilla Firefox.
- Click the three dots in the upper right corner of the Mozilla browser on your Android device.
- Go to Settings and select General from the drop-down menu.
- You can also choose Custom. You can change Mozilla’s homepage by entering it here.
- Then click OK. We recommend closing the browser.
- Activate the Mozilla browser again. It will display your homepage.
The way to remove “content://com.android.browser.home/”
It is the default homepage of our browser on an android device, as we know what it is called “content://com.android.browser.home/”. The following steps can be followed by a user who wants to change the default homepage of his web browser.
- Navigate to the homepage of the default web browser.
- To access the menu, click on the option.
- The homepage will appear when you click on general.
- Enter the URL you wish to use as your home page.
- Make sure you save your changes.
Read More: Do’s and Don’ts of Cloud Migration
The purpose of this article is to review what is content://com.android.browser.home/ and how to adjust the default homepages for different web browsers. There are a few settings for content://com.android.browser.home/ that are accessible by default and aren’t editable.