We have observed a phenomenal rise in social media platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and much more. Nowadays, social media is aiding in the democratization of broader communication and knowledge.
Every year billions of netizens are added to these social media platforms. Today we are discussing the most prominent and conventional social media platform, that is, Facebook, and especially the alternative for it- Facebook touch. 30% of netizens use Facebook more than once a day.
What is Facebook Touch?
After the common use of smartphones started in 2007, Facebook introduced Facebook Touch in 2009. Most of you are probably unknown of this term. Don’t you? Facebook touch is a separate Facebook application that has plenty of perceptible features. It was developed mainly for touch screen phones by H5 Apps. It offers a distinct user interface and soon it was established as a better alternative to the conventional Facebook app due to its better graphics and user- a friendly environment. Also, it also works faster than the former and can be used with a steady internet connection also.
Now after being introduced to a better alternative, the question that might strike your subconscious mind is- How to use Facebook touch? Here is how to do so?
Also Read: Best iPhone App to Spy on Cheating Spouses
Steps to use Facebook touch-
- Head towards application settings on your smartphone and do click on the allow installation from unknown/anonymous sources.
- Go to your preferred internet browser, and type download Facebook touch.
- You will encounter multiple sites having an APK file link for the same.
- Go to any trusted website, which you have used back in the future also, agree to the terms and conditions, and then further click on the download button.
- After the completion of the download, a pop-up will appear on your screen.
- Click on install to install the Facebook Touch application on your phone.
- Log in with your existing Facebook account or create a new one accordingly and have full use of it.
Install Facebook touch for Android/iOS
Now the discussion will proceed further on How to install Facebook touch on Android/ iOS? Let us dive in!
For Android devices:
- Go to your preferred internet browser and further proceed to the webpage of Facebook touch.
- After the page is completely loaded, head towards the menu of the browser where you would see three dots in the upper right corner.
- Select the “Add to Home screen option” and then click on confirm tab.
- A new shortcut will now be visible on your respective home screen.
- You may now use your Facebook account safely by logging in with the required credentials to do so.
For iOS devices:
- Head towards the iOS system’s Safari browser which is installed on your iPhone by default.
- Type “Facebook touch” in the URL Bar.
- By selecting the right pointed arrow in the address box bring down the dropdown menu.
- Select the “Add to Home Screen” option and affirm your selection.
- After completion of this action, your browser will automatically shut down and display the home screen having a shortcut, which you may access anytime.
Features of Facebook Touch
Facebook touch is designed in such a user friendly it can’t be shrunken into words. Thanks to the PR team and user feedback mechanism of Facebook. Here are some of the most prominent features of the app.
- The Facebook touch app delivers a flawless user experience. Lack of lagging issue due to a poor internet connection or low bandwidth.
- A user can view images in a high resolution and pixels with loading at a faster pace.
- It shows the most relevant data which is designed with taking due care of the user’s search activity and field of interest.
- This version of the app is more inclusive in relevance to page and group accessibility.
- Facebook Touch is available in both app and web versions.
- You don’t need to get a particular messenger app after using it, as it has it is having its fast chat section.
- The app consumes less data and works faster even on a slow internet connection. Due to the heavy programming of the app, it optimizes the smartphone speed and lesson the battery consumption.
Switching to Facebook touch from Facebook, Is it worth doing so?
If you have decided to leave Facebook and now switching to Facebook touch for an enhanced user experience then a question may arise- Is it worth switching to Facebook Touch?
As you are explained in detail, all the features of the app, no doubt Facebook Touch is worth using and better than conventional Facebook. This decision is completely upon your priorities and field of experience. Many users consider it more useful than the Facebook app while other folks generally prefer the official app.
Moreover, Facebook touch doesn’t harm the mobile but goes in line with RAM, memory, and less internet bandwidth as compared to the Facebook conventional app. It is comparatively more secure, as it needs a third-party web browser to run on the smartphone.
Difference between Facebook Touch and Facebook App
- When you try to open Facebook on your preferred browser, the web address is http://m.facebook.com. But in the case of Facebook Touch, the web address would be different and is – http://touch.facebook.com.
- In the case of Facebook Touch, you will encounter higher-quality images and better displays.
- Facebook Touch provides a better and much-enhanced user interface while consuming fewer data and low bandwidth.
Read More: The Importance of Social Media Marketing
Facebook Touch consumes lesser mobile resources and batteries in comparison with traditional ones. It is a unique way to explore the world of social media with the advanced features of Facebook. If want to get rid of the conventional Facebook app, go and install the touch version for sure, I can bet you will not regret it.
Comment down your opinions and queries regarding the topic and also share with other users!