It is pretty simple to send a direct message on a public Instagram account then send one on a private Instagram account. If they haven’t accepted your following request, you cannot message their private account.
If you go to their private account, you probably see that to send a message, and the message button is not visible. So you can’t send a message to them whether you want to or not. Your first thought might be that you can’t send a DM to a private account.
It is, however, possible. Even though you may not be following an Instagram account, you can still send a message to it. Using the instructions below, you will be able to send a message to a private Instagram account.
Table of Contents
How to Send a Dm to a Private Instagram Account
If you would like to send a direct message to a private profile on Instagram, visit their profile, tap the three dots on the right side of their username, and click Send Message.
Detailed instructions are provided below:
The First Procedure:
- To send a direct message to a private Instagram account, open the Instagram app and select the private account.
- Tap the three dots in the top-right corner of their profile to move to their profile. Below their profile will be a list of options. Tap Send a message to get in touch.
- This will open the chat window, and you can send a message to the person.
Here, you can also use an alternative method to accomplish this.
The Second Procedure:
- Go to your chat by tapping the chat icon in the screen’s upper-right corner when you open the Instagram app.
- You should type the username of the person you would like to send a Direct Message to on the Search bar.
- Tap on the profile you want to chat with, and the chat window will open.
Using this method, you can easily send a message to a private account and get in touch with them, but they have to accept your message request before you can continue the conversation.
How to Message a Private Instagram Account on Pc
If you do not follow someone on Instagram, you cannot send them a message directly from their profile if you are using the web version on a mobile browser or a PC. You can, however, send them a message through another means.
Like Procedure 2, this is similar to how it is explained above.
- The first thing you should do is tap the chat icon at the top.
- You will find a search field after tapping the pen and paper icon.
- Search for their username and tap the desired result to chat with someone.
- After selecting a user, click Next on the top right of the page.
- Upon completion, you will be redirected to the chat section. In this way, you will be able to contact the company directly.
We assume now you are able to send direct messages to a private account on Instagram whether you are on Android, iOS, PC, Laptop, iPad, tablet, or Mac. Don’t forget to smash the like button below:)