Well let’s discuss How To Remove a Bookmark on Mac – Bookmarks allow you to keep your favorite site on the list on Mac. This will help you to revisit the site, the sites on which you watch movies, play games, listen to music, etc.
Sometimes, some of the bookmarks no more exist, or some bookmarks are shuffled with other sites. This will create many problems. To solve this issue, you need to delete unwanted bookmarks. This article is all about solving this issue.
Well here are some of the interesting MacBook Accessories that will increase your productivity.
Table of Contents
How to delete bookmarks on Mac Safari
On your Mac computer, Safari is an in-built browser. In which you can manage and store bookmarks like other browsers. Below the URL field In Safari’s menu bar, you can display or categorize your bookmark in a folder.
- For deleting the bookmark first, you need to launch Safari.
- After a click on the toolbar’s sidebar button, click the bookmark.
- Then press on the bookmark you want to delete.
- Then choose delete from the context menu to delete that bookmark on your mac.
- For deleting several bookmarks press down all the bookmarks you want to delete and after press the delete key.
- But you need to know that after deleting the bookmark you are not able to recover it.
How to delete bookmarks on Chrome (Mac)
For deleting the bookmarks on Google Chrome on your Mac :
- First you need to give access to Chrome`s Bookmark Manager.
- Then launch Chrome for your Mac after one click on the “Bookmarks” choice to your Mac menu bar on the screen.
- For opening the bookmark manager on google chrome, you need to click on Bookmark manager.
- Click on the option that consists of the bookmark which you need to delete after right-click on the bookmark and select “Delete.”
- Delete a couple of bookmarks on Chrome by the way of preserving down the “Command” key, clicking every bookmark which you need to delete after which urgent the “Delete” key.
- If you do not select “Undo” while it appears, the bookmark isn’t retrievable.
How to delete bookmarks on Firefox (Mac)
Mozilla Firefox is also a type of browser that provides you with the feature of bookmarks. You can delete the bookmarks on Firefox.
- For this first, you need to open the browser.
- Then click on the book icon which is shown in the right corner of the browser.
- Then click on the bookmark folder that contains bookmarks,
- And then right-click on that icon and select the bookmarks which you want to delete or select all the bookmarks.
The bookmarks will be deleted permanently.
How to delete bookmarks on Opera (Mac)
In Opera, you can also be able to remove bookmarks. For deleting the bookmarks:-
- First, you need to open the Opera browser
- Then click on the menu option which is shown in the top right corner of the browser.
- Click on the bookmarks option to open the bookmark list.
- And then double-click on the folder that is containing the bookmarks which you want to delete.
- Then select the bookmarks by double-clicking on them.
After pressing the delete key for deleting several bookmarks at a time you can use the ‘command’ key.
Also Read: Scope of AI and ML Across Sectors
Bookmarks do not take up too much space in your Mac; it hardly takes very less space. And after implying the ways mentioned above you will be able to delete the bookmarks which you want to remove. This will improve the working of your browser and make it smoother.
Is there any limit on bookmarks that I want to keep?
The answer is no, there is no limit to bookmarks that you want to keep.
Can I do a backup of bookmarks after deleting them?
No, the bookmarks are deleted permanently.
If I forget to bookmark the page, then what can I do?
In this case, you can easily open your browser history and then bookmark the page you want.
Can I delete all the bookmarks at a time?
Yes, you can.
Is There Any Keyboard command to open bookmark different browsers on mac?
Yes, there are shortcut keys that you can use to open the bookmarks section of various browsers on your mac. Below is list on commands that you can use for the same:
- To open the bookmarks section on Google Chrome (Mac) then use Command+ Shift+ B
- To open the bookmarks section on Mozilla Firefox (Mac) then use Ctrl+ Shift+ B
- To open the bookmarks section on Microsoft Edge (Mac) then use Ctrl+ Shift+ O
- To open the bookmarks section on Safari then use Ctrl+ Command+ 1
- To open the bookmarks section on Opera (Mac) then use Alt + ⌘ + B